This Page Being Developed — Revisit Soon!
Quotes to Inspire and Motivate
- “Be the change you seek.” – M.K. Gandhi
- “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” – M.K. Gandhi
- “Speak the truth but not to punish.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “All truth passes through 3 stages: First it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident.” – Arthur Schopenhauer (attributed)
- “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao-Tsu
- “There are a thousand striking at the branches of evil for every one striking at its roots.” – H.D. Thoreau
- You’re either part of the solution or you’re part of the problem. – Eldridge Cleaver.
- “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”
– Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’, paraphrasing Theodore Parker’s 1853 sermon
- “Either we live together as sisters and brothers or we perish together as fools.” -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “These are the times that try men’s (sic) souls” – Tom Paine
- “Only a crisis…from ideas lying around” – Milton Friedman
“Why waste a perfectly good crisis?” – Rahm Emanual (?)
- “We are not the champions of lost causes. We are the champions of causes not yet won.”–Norman Thomas
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” T. Roosevelt
- “In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance.” -Karl Popper, philosopher 1945
- “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” – Machiavelli in “The Prince”
- “History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, and if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” – Maya Angelou
Read more at BrainyQuote.com
“Another world is not only possible, but she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing” – Arundhati Roy
“You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I’m one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!”
“Our house is still on fire. Your inaction is fueling the flames by the hour.
We are still telling you to panic, to act as if you loved your children above all else.” – Greta at Davos
- The personal is political
- Think globally act locally